- MADE IN AMERICA
- The LightHeart Duo tent is one of the roomiest 3 season, fully enclosed 2 person tents on the market.
- Spacious, hybrid (single/double walled) design.
- 2 large closeable ridge vents.
- Utilizes just 2 trekking poles (not included) and an ultralight plastic ridge pole (provided) for support.
- Weight: 2 lb 4 oz.- includes ridge pole and stuff sack.
- Fabric- 3500 mm hydrostatic head waterproof fabric, 1.1 oz silicone impregnated ripstop nylon (silnylon)
- Requires seam sealing before use.
- 2 large side entry doors.
- Awning fly with zipper on one side.
- Standard fly with zipper on other side.
- 8 inch Bathtub style floor.
- Requires 8 stakes (not included).
- The center ridge pole provides full use of measured headroom and allows users to sit up and change clothes comfortably.
- Optional adjustable aluminum or carbon fiber tent poles are available for purchase
- Tent stakes and Awning poles are sold separately.
- Camouflage version only has non-reflective (solid black) webbings and non-reflective tie out cord.
- Optional orange zipper pulls will need to be attached to the zipper sliders.
1. Stake out the 4 corners of the tent keeping the floor slightly taut. Make sure the sides are squared off and parallel.
2. Unzip the mesh door and sit inside on the floor of the tent with the ‘ceiling’ of the tent on top of your head.
3. Extend both trekking poles to between 120 cm and 125 cm and slide them into the tent next of you.
4. Insert the tip of one trekking pole into the opening of the ridge pole.
5. Tuck the handle of the trekking pole into the side of the tent wall, on the floor. Then raise the ridge pole to the ceiling, raising the tent as it goes. There is Velcro to secure the ridge pole in place.
6. Slip the tip of the second trekking pole into the other end of the ridge pole, and slide the handle into its spot on the side wall, along the floor. At this point, the tent should be loosely erected. Take care that the trekking poles do not slip out of the ridge pole as they can cause damage to the tent. There is Velcro to secure the trekking poles in place along the sidewall at the top of the bathtub wall.
7. If you cannot extend the trekking poles enough to remove the slack in the side walls, step outside the tent, loosen the tension on the 4 corner Line Locks, then try to raise the trekking poles a little higher and get a tighter pitch to the tent.
8. After the trekking poles and ridge pole are secured in place, step out the tent and adjust the Line Locks at the 4 corners so that the corners are standing upright and there is no slack in the walls of the tent. Stake out the mid point tie outs along the head and foot ends of the tent.
9. Now stake out the fly using the tie out cords provided. The fly will not come all the way down to the ground. It should be a few inches off the ground to allow airflow under the fly.
10. Ridge vents have a short plastic ‘stick’ at the bottom. Velcro this to the vent cover to open ridge vents. Vents can be closed by lowering the stick.
11. Cooling temperatures and humidity changes will cause silnylon to sag. This is normal, you can extend the hiking poles a little to tighten the tent and/or re-stake the tent.
12. For the AWNING, place the tip of the awning pole in the grommet at the tip of the awning, and adjust the placement/angle of the pole so the awning is taut. Stake out the awning with the tie out cord located at the tip bringing the cord nearly straight down to the ground.
13. To lower the awning for ‘storm mode’ loosen the tie out cord and remove the awning pole (do not remove the stake to the tie out cord for the awning). Attach a small carabineer to the loop of the orange loop at the tip of the awning and the 2 loops that are about 18 inches away on both sides of the tip of the awning. Now, tighten the tie out cord so that the fly is now folded and the awning looks the same as the regular fly side.
14. There is a small elastic loop near the top of the awning, and an elastic cord with a toggle on the underside of the awning, you can roll the awning up for full views and ventilation by securing the toggle to the loop on the outside of the tent.
- Use: 3 Season
- Style: Hybrid -Double/Single wall
- Sleeps: 2
- Weight: 2 lb 4 oz.
- Head Room: 45 in.
- Pockets: 2
- Doors: 2
- Floor Area: 38.2 Sq. Ft.
- Vestibules: 2
- Ridge Vents: 2
- Floor Dimensions: L - 100 in. W - 55 in.
- Material: 1.1 oz/sq yd sil-nylon
- Pole Length: ~ 130 cm.
- Stakes Required: 8
Date Added: 08/25/2011 by